Child Custody Modification

Child Custody Modification

There are often issues that arise within a family that call for a child custody modification or modification of a visitation arrangement. That is why I offer continuing representation to individuals involved in various family law issues. I am honest and compassionate with clients facing these emotional changes and will always be truthful regarding your situation. Contact me to schedule a consultation.  I handle cases in the Plano, Dallas and Denton areas.

Establishing Change in Circumstances

In order for the Family Court to grant a child custody modification or a visitation modification, the parent requesting the change, must prove that a material and substantial change in circumstances or change in parental behavior has occurred since the divorce decree or order was entered. I represents parents who wish to modify visitation or custody, or who wish to contest a modification. The following are examples of some substantial circumstances that may call for a child custody modification:

  • Failure to show up for visitation
  • Refusal to honor the other parent’s visitation rights
  • Moving out of state with the child (or beyond the geographical restrictions set by the court)
  • Domestic violence or child abuse
  • Child neglect

Of course these are just a few of the reasons that might justify a child custody modification.

Agreed Modification

If you and your ex have agreed on a modification, perhaps because the child has begun living with the other parent, you can very easily complete your own child custody modification.  I now provide attorney generated modification forms that you can complete online and file yourself at a reasonable cost.  You can find the forms on my website.  Just click on the Texas Petition to Modify Parent Child Relationship link to get started.  I will create the forms for you and guide you through the process.

    Contact Me

    In addition, I assist families involved in a modification of child support proceeding. If you need representation to contest a modification or believe it is in your child’s best interest to modify custody or visitation, I can help. Contact me today to schedule a consultation.

    Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes