Child Support Modification in Texas

Child Support Modification in Texas

Financial circumstances do not always remain the same. That is why the Texas child support guidelines have established means to modify child support. I can effectively guide you through the necessary steps to modify child support or contest a child support modification. Contact me for a consultation if you live in the Frisco, Plano, Dallas or McKinney area.  If you have an agreed modification, read below on forms that can be used anywhere in Texas.

Establishing a Change in Circumstances

In order for a Texas court to modify a child support order, the parent seeking to modify must prove that there has been a material and substantial change in circumstances that necessitates a change to the child support amount. These changes could relate to the custodial or non-custodial parent. Additionally, proving that it has been 3 years since the order has been reviewed is material enough to justify a modification proceeding. Some examples of other significant changes in circumstances that may alter child support are:

  • Change in employment
  • Change in income level
  • Change in visitation schedule
  • Change in custody

I will always be honest and up front with you when reviewing your situation. I work closely with clients to help them put together the necessary information to prove that a modification is important, justified, and in the best interests of the child.

Agreed Modification

If you and your ex have agreed to modify child support, perhaps because the child has begun living with the other parent, a parent lost their job, or a parent is now making more money, you can very easily complete your own child support modification.  I now provide attorney generated forms that you can complete online and file yourself at a reasonable cost.  You can find the forms on my website.  Just click on the Texas Petition to Modify Parent Child Relationship link to get started.  I will create the forms for you and guide you through the process.  You will not even have to make a court appearance!  These forms can be used anywhere in Texas.

Contact Me

In addition, I assist families involved in a modification of child custody or visitation proceeding. If you need assistance in modifying child support, contact me today to schedule a consultation.  I handle cases in the Dallas, Plano, and Denton Texas areas.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes